Aug 29 | 2018
As Turkey’s foremost international food and drink exhibition, WorldFood Istanbul is more than just a place to do business. It’s also a place to engage with, and learn from, food industry thought-leaders and influencers.
Each year, the event presents a Business Programme, packed with guest talks, seminars and round tables discussing the big issues in Turkey’s food and drink industry.
Across four full days, visitors and exhibitors alike can experience more than 15 events, covering over 15 topics. More than 30 guest speakers will be taking part this year.
Click here for a full breakdown of the WorldFood Istanbul Business Programme.
Not got your e-ticket? Click here to register as a visitor.
Let’s look at some highlights from 2018’s event line-up below.
Must attend business events at WorldFood Istanbul 2018Food’s Road Map – 05-07 September – Conference Stage – 11:00-12:30 (day 1&2), 11;00-11:30 (day 3)
The future of food and drink is in focus at this year’s WorldFood Istanbul expo. Food’s Road Map will be, as the name suggests, mapping out what the next decade holds for industry professionals, covering hot Turkish topics, such as price inflation, sector research.
Everything you need to know will be discussed in depth.
Speakers scheduled as part of Food’s Road Map include:
• Erdal Eroğlu - Head of Education & Publication Department, Food & Feed Control Centre Research Institute Directorate
• Prof.Dr. Burak Arzova - Economist & Academic Member of Marmara University Faculty of Business Administration
• Hakan Güldağ - Chief Editor of Dunya Newspaper
Tips from Masters – 05, 06, 08 September – Conference Stage – 16:30-17:30 (Day 1&2), 12:00-12:30 (Day 4)
Who doesn’t want to learn from the best in the business? WorldFood Istanbul has given a platform to Turkey’s leading gastronomy and restaurant experts. They will be on hand to share their knowledge on how to make it in the food service sector.
Tips from Masters will be discussing social media’s influence on dining and eating habits, the relationship between chef’s and entrepreneurs, and how to become a brand in the food sector.
Speakers scheduled as part of Tips from Masters include:
• Aylin Yazıcıoğlu – Chef & Founder of Nicole Restaurant
• Gürkan Boztepe - President of the Gastronomy Tourism Association
• Üryan Doğmuş – Chef, Founding Partner of Lets Consulting & Zulaİstanbul Restaurant
Food’s Next Step – 05-07 September – Conference Stage – 13:30-15:00 (Day 1&2), 11:30-13:00 (day 3)
The world of food and drink is forever in flux. Preparing for what comes next is essential for staying ahead in the business. The experts at WorldFood Istanbul 2018 are here to guide you through the latest trends and topics affecting food’s ongoing journey.
We’re talking changing attitudes to food waste and turning it from throwaway garbage into a vital charity lifeline, how to get your products onto supermarket shelves in a changing retail environment, and changes in Turkey’s good labelling codex.
Speakers scheduled as part of Food’s Next Step include:
• Emel Molla - Food Engineer, Ministry of Food, Agricultural & Livestock, General Directorate of Food & Control
• Prof. Dr. S. Gonca Telli - Dean of the Faculty of Business Administration & Management Sciences, Maltepe University
• Banu Erkorkmaz - Country Manager of Jacobs Douwe Egberts Turkey
See more at WorldFood Istanbul 2018: Turkey’s no.1 international food & drink exhibitionThere is just under 1 week until the 26th edition of the WorldFood Istanbul international food and drink trade show.
The above is just a taste of the events lined up for food professionals at this year’s show. Click here to see the full Business Programme.
Remember: there’s still time to get your e-ticket. Register now!